What Is 24K and 22K Gold? Which is better?
24K and 22K gold are both types of gold that are used to make jewelry. The difference between the two is the purity of the gold. 24K gold is 99.9% pure, while 22K gold is 91.67% pure. The remaining 8.33% of 22K gold is made up of other metals, such as copper, silver, or zinc. These other metals are added to make the gold harder, which makes it better suited for use in jewelry.
What is the differences between 24K and 22K gold?
24K and 22K gold are different purity levels used to measure the amount of gold in a piece of jewelry or bullion. Here’s an explanation of each:
What is 24K Gold?
- 24K gold is considered the purest form of gold available for jewelry and investment purposes.
- 24K gold is 99.9% pure gold, with no other metals.
- 24K is pure gold, it has a bright yellow color.
- 24K is pure gold, and less suitable for jewelry due to its softness.
What is 22K Gold?
- 22-carat gold as it contains pure gold with a percentage of 91.67% and 8.3% other metals, usually copper and silver.
- Other metals added to pure gold that provide more strength and durability to the jewelry piece.
- 22K gold has a slightly lower gold content compared to 24K gold.
- 22K is pure gold, it has a Warm yellow color.
- 22K gold is commonly used in traditional and cultural jewelry, as well as for investment purposes.
Here is the gold comparison table that explain the differences between 24K and 22K gold:
|Feature||24K Gold||22K Gold|
|Other metals||None||Copper, silver, or zinc|
|Color||Bright yellow||Warm yellow|
|Ideal for||investment, high-end jewelry||gold jewelry, investment|